Those who are self-employed have, by far, felt the brunt of the pandemic the most, which is why a second grant has been introduced. If your business has been adversely impacted by COVID-19 on or after 14th July 2020, then as of 17th August, you can apply for the second self-employed income support scheme (SEISS).
How To Apply For The SEISS
If you missed the application date for the first SEISS grant between May and June, then it is now possible to apply for the second grant. The SEISS will be paid to you at the rate of 70% of your average annual profits for 2016-17 to 2018-19, capped at £6,570 for a three-month period. However, it is important to note that we are unable to apply on your behalf. Instead, you must head over to the GOV.UK website.
You will be able to apply if:
- your self-employed profits make up at least half of your average annual income;
- you started your business before 6th April 2019;
- you submitted your 2018-19 tax return before 23rd April 2020; and
- your average annual self-employed profits for 2016-17 to 2018-19 were no more than £50,000.
Once you are on the website, you will need your:
- National insurance number
- Self-assessment UTR number
- Government Gateway ID and password (this can be applied for at stage 1 of the grant application)
- Bank account number and sort code for the account you would like the grant paid into
Please note that applications for the second and final SEISS will close on 19th October 2020.